WordPress is the worldwide leading platform for building blogs and websites. Millions of users around the globe including Fortune 500 Companies are using WordPress as their CSM of choice.
Why is WordPress is a great choice?
WordPress is easy to learn, flexible, extendable, search engine friendly, easy to use, safe and secure.
What I am about to share with you are steps and resources I use for creating beautiful and functional WordPress websites on a budget. Are you ready?
PURCHASE A DOMAIN AND WEB-HOSTING:
- The first thing you need to do is purchase a domain and hosting for your website. A domain is your website’s name. Leads and customers need to know this to find your business. A domain is very inexpensive starting from $3.99 a year and you can purchase a package that includes web-hosting.
- Web-Hosting or web servers are the space you rent to store your website files. Web-hosting or web servers are powerful computers that provide a home and connection to many websites. The yearly cost for hosting starts from $3.49 per month, and there are many different plans and options to choose from. These are the companies I recommend because of their excellent technical and customer service. Hostgator.com, GoDaddy and Bluehost.
- After purchasing your domain and hosting, you will then proceed to install WordPress. This is very simple. Following you will find links to install WordPress with: Bluehost, GoDaddy and Hostgator.
- Plugins are programs or software that will help you make your website look and function the way you need. According to WordPress.org there are 42,377 plugins with 1,146,072,856 total downloads.
These are basic and free plugins that I use for my websites (you can also find premium versions):
Wordfence Security – It is very important to include Antivirus, Firewall and High Speed Cache.
Google Analytics by Yoast – Simple way to include Google Analytics to your WordPress site.
SEO by Yoast – Search Engine Optimization solution for WordPress.
Akismet – Protects your blog from spam.
Disable Comments – Allows administrators to globally disable comments on their site. Comments can be disabled according to post type.
INSTALLING YOUR THEME
- This is my favorite part. Themes offer functionality and customization options so in reality there is no need to code. There are free and premium themes, although I recommend to purchase a premium theme because of functionality, special features, customer service and endless options that will make your work easier and your website will look amazing. Developers provide tutorials to guide you through every step. The average cost for a Premium theme runs from $20 to $150. Following you will find my favorite Feminine WordPress Themes and the fabulous companies that create them. You can also find more options on my Resources page.
Angie Makes. Angie and Chris crate beautiful graphics and easy-to-use WordPress themes. You can also find additional clipart and font to spruce up your website.
- My favorite themes are Love Me Do Theme, Honeycrisp Theme, Mary Kate Theme and Carraway WordPress Theme. Click on the following link to Shop Angie Makes WordPress Themes!
Restored 316 Designs Restored 316 designs beautiful premier Feminine WordPress Themes using the Genesis Framework. Pink Collar’s website was made using the “DARLING THEME”
Congratulations! Now you can start adding your content and continue to building your website.
If your are interested in learning more about WordPress and want to receive weekly tips, don’t forget to sign up to our mailing list or if you have any questions leave us a comment below or send us an email.
Have a wonderful day,